Sunday, October 2, 2011

Saturday, 10/1/2011

Hello, all.

I'm the ConcertMeister. I like to find free (or very inexpensive) concerts in NYC. Periodically I'll check in -- not with a review, per se, but with a chronicle and a few observances.

On Saturday, I attended a piano concert -- Amber Liao. The program was varied, including Faure (I'll get an HTML cheat sheet later), Schubert, Handel, and Scriabin. Surprisingly, the Handel was my favorite. I guess I liked the clean order that was easy to follow and just made the most sense to me.

The playing (all from memory) was very fine with, what appeared to my non-pianistic ears, just a few minor slips. All in all, a great freebie concert in NYC. This one was in Manhattan -- but I'll keep you posted on the other boroughs as best I can.

CM

No comments:

Post a Comment