Saturday, June 13, 2020

Great Performances (6/12/20)

An American in Paris

To my mind, this PBS presentation was a ballet with a few songs, a few lyrics, and even fewer bits of dialogue.

Please don’t get me wrong. The choreography and dancing were stunning. The music was S’Wonderful. The dancing was S’Marvelous. The storytelling left a little to be desired for my taste.

If you love, love, love ballet, this is your cup of tea. If you love, love, like Broadway musicals, this might float your boat.

I would have liked to have seen a more fleshed-out story. As always, this is my opinion only. In these troubled times of ours, I’m happy to see any and all productions, since our choices are limited. I just wish I’d liked this one better. But I just may be grumpy and longing for live performances. I also just may be a ’Meister downer.

ConcertMeister

No comments:

Post a Comment