Thursday, March 16, 2023

It’s Tru! 3/12/23

Tru is a one-person show. I have never seen it on stage. I have seen the next best thing.

A Facebook friend of mine spent a couple of years with extended family on the west coast during the pandemic. During that time, he was in two productions of Tru, a one-man show based on a specific section of Truman Capote’s life. One of those (performed in Oregon) was preserved on film. A showing of that film was presented on the lower East Side on Sunday, March 12, 2023. I was one of the lucky attendees.

The showing of the film was stunning. What was more important was the closeness of the audience with the performer. And the director. And their dog. (I’m not making this up, you know.) 

The audience was close friends and a couple of not-so-close friends, of which I was one (I only knew him via Facebook). When I introduced myself to Charles Michel as Uncke David (I had included my real name in a separate email), he said, “You look exactly the way you write.” I took that as great praise. 

The performance of the theater piece was extraordinary. 

I also met Eric Millegan (the director) and Mrs. Malloy (the dog). Ask if you’re interested.

 ConcertMeister

No comments:

Post a Comment